Knowing who you are is fundamental to life and is as important to a group as it is to all of us as individuals.
We are an independent church with a real vision to reach our area with the good news about Jesus Christ. We use three words to express our identity:
- We are Evangelical. This basically means two things: 1) we believe that the Bible is the essential and infallible record of God’s self-disclosure and is therefore our final authority in all matters of life and doctrine, and 2) we believe people need to be saved by responding to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We are essentially Reformed in our theology. This means that we embrace and exult in the sovereignty of God over all things, and that we place the emphasis on the activity of God and the glory of God in the salvation of sinners.
- We are Pentecostal/Charismatic. This means;
- We recognise and emphasise the presence and activity of the Holy Spirit in the believer
- that we are active in our pursuit and practice of all the gifts of the Spirit as found in the New Testament, and
- that our worship is expressive and passionate
We are a group of ordinary people who have joined together because of our values, and also because we believe that rather than stumbling through life, we have a common purpose and vision.